Re: pg_autovacuum is nice ... but ...

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum is nice ... but ...
Date: 2004-11-03 22:36:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Justin Clift wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Do a vacuum full analyze on the two databases being called, and load
>> time went from 2.4sec to .46sec:
>

> Hmmmm, is there any chance your Free Space Map settings aren't high enough?

I could be wrong but my understanding is that pg_autovacuum won't vacuum
system tables so eventually you still need to perform a full vacuum (not
neccessarily a vacuum full).

Could this be the issue?

> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes