Re: executeBatch() issue with new driver?

From: Alan Stange <stange(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: executeBatch() issue with new driver?
Date: 2004-11-02 21:22:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Alan Stange wrote:
>
>> And the only reason we stuck with batch's in this case was because we
>> had a temp table and we needed to stay in the scope of that table
>> name, hence the single statement with multiple batches of  multiple
>> statements.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you trying to use CREATE
> TEMPORARY TABLE .. ON COMMIT DROP with autocommit on?

We were "conserving bandwidth" using a temp table, inserting a condensed
form of the data, along the lines of the following:

CREATE TEMP TABLE T(...);
INSERT INTO T ...
lots of these...
INSERT INTO T...
INSERT INTO BIGTABLE(LONGCOLNAME1,LONGCOLNAME2) SELECT A,B,"common
value" from T;
DROP TABLE T;

>> The new pgjdbc driver does support multiple result sets?
>
> Yes.

Thanks!

-- Alan