Re: Inadequate hosting for www.postgresql.org?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inadequate hosting for www.postgresql.org?
Date: 2004-11-02 10:25:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Am looking into this with Alexey offlist ...

Looking into this stuff offlist highlighted the following obvious
problem: postgresql.org (as well as wwwdevel) runs on a shared server
that has *lots* of other tasks that can negatively affect performance.
It is difficult to even point finger at one particular task that does this.

So the solution (as was also pointed out in a private mail to me) is to
get a dedicated server for running the "master" website.

I am not in the position to request such a donation, but PostgreSQL core
and/or community is.