Which type of functions are best?

From: Postgres User <postgres(at)productivitymedia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Which type of functions are best?
Date: 2004-10-20 02:41:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm just starting out and am looking to speed up queries using either
SQL functions or PLPGSQL functions. I have googled around and have not
found a great answer saying that this is the way to go. I would like to
use PREPARE/EXECUTE... but of course they only last for each connection,
I would like something more permanent.

Thanks for your input,