Re: Numeric user names

From: Ed Stoner <ed(at)whsd(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Numeric user names
Date: 2004-10-19 13:25:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to use bare numbers because that is how the users (students in
this case) are identified on the network and in the student information
system. They've been identified this way for over 20 years, so it would
be near impossible to change at this point (although it is not always
very convenient :-). I'm trying (and almost finished now) to have the
postgres server be the source of all user account information on the
network (windows and linux).

-Ed