Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!!

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: ruben <ruben20(at)superguai(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!!
Date: 2004-10-14 09:09:21
Lists: pgsql-general

ruben wrote:
> Hi Gaetano:
>
> This procedure to recover data from a corrupted table should be
> documented somewhere... If it is, I could not find it!

First of all the table was not corrupted, the glitch was in another
subsystem.
The procedure is documented in the archives :-(

I agree with you but any cure seems worst then the disease. You have understand
why the file 0004 was not anymore there, did you had a power failure for
example ?

> Now I wonder if I have lost any data, because after creating the
> pg_clog/0004 and running VACCUM everything seems ok.

Normally you didn't lost any data.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

PS: I had the same error for the first time in my postgres usage life
only after ( some weeks after ) having upgrade from a 7.4.2 -> 7.4.5