Postgresql for Dummies?

From: Daniel Lerch <daniel(at)mountainmeasurement(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql for Dummies?
Date: 2004-10-12 18:52:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
I need to learn how to work with PostgreSQL for work, but I am
*completely* unfamiliar with the program, almost completely unfamiliar
with databases (I've only worked with very basic databases in MS
Access), and relateively unfamiliar with using non-GUI programs.

In other words, I need a 'Postgresql for Dummies' book - something that
will start at the most basic level.  The books I've seen out there on
Amazon.com and other places all seem to be aimed at developers, though.
Where can I go to get a basic, basic, BASIC tutorial/guidebook for
learning PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Daniel Lerch
Portland, Oregon

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Keith WorthingtonDate: 2004-10-12 19:36:18