Re: Unit testing

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unit testing
Date: 2004-10-11 14:02:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> 2. Won't dissolving away "static" cause naming conflicts?

It might, yes. Those can be resolved, I think. I don't see a good reason
why function names can't be unique across the source tree; at the very
least, it means less irritation for anyone using tags.

> 3. Unit testing frameworks are best suited to component-based
> architectures, ISTM. I'm not sure that one would fit Postgres very well.

Can you elaborate?

> Retrofitting unit testing is a lot harder than starting out doing it
> from day 1.

Granted, but I don't think that implies that retrofitting isn't worth
the effort.

-Neil