Re: Importing data

From: Patrick Nelson <pnelson(at)neatech(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL List (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Importing data
Date: 2002-07-29 22:08:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
----------------->>>>
You should get an error in 7.2.x; it fails silently in 7.1. It's not
implemented yet. You can make it happen, however, by setting a
CHECK NOT NULL constraint on the column.

Thanks, but I just parsed the data and dumped the idea of adding a column.
Is there a way to set a primary key after the table has been crated?