two digit years in inserts

From: Justin Wyer <justin(at)isogo(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: two digit years in inserts
Date: 2004-10-06 13:30:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I have this problem, I wrote a script to insert data into a table, one
of the columns is a birthdate now I only have the last two year digits,
and this all worked fine. Until I did a portupgrade (i am running on bsd
5.2.1 and 4.8 and postgresql 7.3.6 & 7.3.7 respectively) script worked
fine before the upgrade, now however, any year before 70 gets inserted
as 20xx and not 19xx.

My question is between which versions did this behaviour change, and is
there any way for me to force the old behaviour?

Regards
Justin Wyer