Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi
Date: 2004-09-27 17:26:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On 27 Sep 2004 at 9:18, Melanie Bergeron wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Gary. I have ODBC driver psqlodbc-07_03_0200. I
> take a look at the mylog file and everything seems to work fine for the
> query:
> Any idea on what my problem could be??
> Thanks,
> Melanie

Well on first glance it doesn't look like a postgres problem or ODBC driver problem. It
would still perhaps be useful to look at an ODBC trace log (from the ODBC driver

Looking at the Delphi documentation I have I see that EDatabaseError can cover many
sins. Is there no other message that goes with it?

What are the datatypes of the string columns you are trying to retrieve?