Re: automated builds?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automated builds?
Date: 2004-09-26 13:21:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>Is everyone still building interactively? I'm looking for nice ways to
>>automate building on Windows without any human action
>>required, as part of the buildfarm project.
>>

>Not sure what you mean by interactively. A shellscript that does
>distclean/configure/make qualify as non-interactive? If so....
>
>Getting it in with the buildfarm would be great though ;-)

The buildfarm is designed to run from cron or a similar task scheduler
... that's what I mean by non-interactive :-)

>>Ideas on how to do this nicely for Windows
>>would be appreciated. Can one run the MSys shell without it
>>firing up an emulated xterm?
>>

>Certainly. Just start x:\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe. To get the adjusted paths
>(if you want ls and such tools), run
>x:\msys\1.0\bin\sh --login -i
>
>(msys.bat will actually do this if it doesn't find rxvt..)

So maybe I can schedule a task like buildfarm.bat which would contain this?

  cd c:\msys\1.0\bin
  start sh --login -c 'cd /home/buildfarm && ./run_build.pl'

(I'll also need to see about file locking on Windows - does standard
Windows perl do non-blocking flock?)

cheers

andrew