Re: pg_hba.conf additional comment re local line

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf additional comment re local line
Date: 2004-09-21 20:15:19
Lists: pgsql-patches

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>The attached tiny patch will possibly help to avoid some confusion by
>>Windows users about the "local" line in pg_hba.conf (and thus help
>>reduce queries to us ;-) ). It also removes an essentially
>>content-free suffix in 2 nearby comment lines.
>>

>Maybe initdb should just remove those lines on Windows.

You are probably right. initdb's filtering capabilities are (by design)
rather primitive - I didn't want to clutter it up with regex code - so
it's a bit less easy than it might otherwise be.

This patch was done as a "quick fix".

If someone doesn't beat me to it I will try to look at initdb in the
next week or so.

cheers

andrew