Re: Problem with returning setof record

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: oliverp21(at)free(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with returning setof record
Date: 2004-09-07 17:35:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

oliverp21(at)free(dot)fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a simple function I created for a test.
>
> create function ttt() returns setof record as '

> When I try to use it, it returns to me :
>
> select ttt();
> set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set
> : PL/pgSQL function "ttt" line 5 at return next
>
> Anyone has an idea ?

You need to treat it like a table:
SELECT * FROM ttt();
Also, I'm not sure you can return a setof anonymous record types (unless
you can specify the structure in the select).
Try CREATE FUNCTION...RETURNS SETOF utilisateurs.menus

If there's no appropriate table you can use CREATE TYPE to create a
structure.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd