Re: pgindent run coming

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pgindent run coming
Date: 2009-06-10 20:58:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

>> Um, attached you will find a bunch of counterexamples.
>
> At a quick look, I'm not sure that any of these are in code that hasn't
> been edited since the 8.3 pgindent run.

On a tangent: git warns about or fixes up white-space problems like
that when you're applying a patch.

I've actually found this to be a bit of a dilemma though. For code i
want it to just go ahead and fix up anything it finds. But for
regression test expected output files I don't want it to. I don't
think you can control it per-directory though.

--
Gregory Stark
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf