pl/perl in postgresql 8.0 beta

From: Brian Knox <gnugeek(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pl/perl in postgresql 8.0 beta
Date: 2004-09-01 16:44:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I noticed the changelog for Postgresql mentions some interesting things
in relation to pl/perl:

"New Perl Server-Side Language
A new version of the plperl server-side language now supports a
persistent shared storage area, triggers, returning records and
arrays of records, and SPI calls to access the database."

Does anyone have some working examples of pl/perl using these new
capabilities? The documentation in the 8.0 beta for pl/perl has not been
updated and I'm looking for this information.

Also, is it still possible to use untrusted pl/perl in 8.0, and if so,
what are the steps for setting it up?

Thank you,
Brian

pgsql-interfaces by date