Re: Suppress output from psql?

From: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suppress output from psql?
Date: 2004-09-01 15:47:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Ron St-Pierre wrote:

> Is there a way 'within' psql to suppress output?
>
> One of our cron scripts calls a sql file which contains various database
> commands (ALTER TABLEs, UPDATEs, etc) and various user-defined functions.
> So within this sql file there are various SELECT * FROM myFunction();
> which
> sends output to the user from cron. I can't see anyway to suppress
> this from
> the psql docs and I don't believe that I can suppress it from cron
> either (I'll do
> some more checking there).

Tom, that looks like exactly what I need, I'll try it. Doug, Scott,
Alvaro, John, I don't want to send the entire output
of my cron script to /dev/null, just the parts inside of my misc.sql
file (which cron calls) where I call my own functions,
eg SELECT * FROM myFunction();

Also. I will check out the MAILTO="" which will be helpful for some of
my other cron scripts. Thanks John.

Ron