Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port
Date: 2004-08-26 02:27:15
Lists: pgsql-general
On 8/25/2004 3:11 PM, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> Hi all
>
>> "Connection refused" suggests that you've got a firewall-type
> problem,

Hi Conni,

Gruß aus Philadelphia

connection refused means at least that the machine responded to the
connection attempt, but that (it pretended?) nobody is listening on the
port.

The firewall I would set up would not respond at all, but simply drop
the packet. So I doubt you're facing a firewall problem here. Are you
sure that you are trying to contact the right host?

Jan