Re: No connection to a PG 8.0 Beta 1 win32 server

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Secrétariat <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No connection to a PG 8.0 Beta 1 win32 server
Date: 2004-08-24 11:07:46
Lists: pgsql-general
Secrétariat wrote:
> Hello !
> I've corrected my win32 pg_hba.conf, it contains :
> host all all md5
> host all all md5
> but I can't connect from my W2k client at IP !

Open a command-prompt on the client and try to telnet to your server,
port 5432.
Type "aa" and hit return - you should get an error message complaining
about a bad "startup packet".

Do the same from the server to the external IP address and then

If none of these work, then PG probably isn't listening. If
works but one or more of the others don't then check your firewall.

   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd