Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Date: 2004-08-23 19:54:20
Lists: pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Enlarging the core committee by the amount you seem to be thinking of
>would transform it into something quite different than it is now
>(in particular it would be too large to make decisions effectively,
>IMHO).

I can relate to that. Lean and mean is good. So pehaps the core
committee should not be enlarged. Instead, another committee should be
established for this purpose that work closely together with the core
committee (perhaps cross staffed to some extent).

>The real issue here is finding someone to do the work --- it's notable
>that this thread has been going on for some time now and no one has
>actually stepped up and volunteered to *do* anything.  I think if there
>were someone out there willing to do it, they could and would do it,
>with or without core's blessing.

Given a financial scenario that would make it possible, I'd love to help
with this. My current employment however has no connection to PostgreSQL.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren