7.4RC1 planned for Monday

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: 7.4RC1 planned for Monday
Date: 2003-10-30 23:43:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Barring the discovery of any major new bugs, the core committee has
agreed to release 7.4RC1 on Monday. Time to get those last-minute
fixes in place.

I currently have the following issues on my radar screen:

Force GRANT/REVOKE by superuser to act as though owner of object?
Change libpgtcl to use ByteArray for lo_read/lo_write (ljb's patch)
Add option for parallelism limit in make check (Andrew Dunstan's patch)
rule/foreign key interaction reported by Michele Bendazzoli

plus various minor documentation fixes. Not much there...

BTW, 7.4 final will be as early as the following Monday if no problems
are detected. We will decide on a week-to-week basis whether we are
ready to release final or not.