Inheriting text[] field

From: Kaloyan Iliev Iliev <news1(at)faith(dot)digsys(dot)bg>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inheriting text[] field
Date: 2004-08-16 07:06:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Friend,

I have the following problem when I try to inherits one table with
text[] field into another.
I am useing PostgreSQL 7.2.3.
I suppose that this is a BUG but I am not sure.
Any ides.
10x in advance.

Kaloyan

test_libvar=# create table temp_a(
test_libvar(# name text[]
test_libvar(# );
CREATE
test_libvar=# create table temp( name text[] ) inherits (temp_a);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE: merging attribute "name" with inherited definition
ERROR: CREATE TABLE: attribute "name" type conflict (_text and text)

P.S. I know that I can avoid this by scipping the 'name' field into the
second table but what if I need to set some CONSTRAINTS to it.