Re: terminated by signal 6 problem

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: terminated by signal 6 problem
Date: 2004-08-11 21:43:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> We've seen reports like this once or twice before, so I think that there
> may indeed be some corner-case bug involved, but it's not going to be
> possible to find it without a test case ... or at least a debuggable
> core dump from the PANIC.

I just talked to the guy who sent the log file to me. He's working with
his contact on the customer side to see if there is a core dump from the
last PANIC. They agreed to make adjustments so that next time there will
be a core dump if none is found this time. They also agreed to run
memory and disk integrity checks.

The installation was compiled with --enable-debug, and the binaries have
not been stripped, so if I can get a core dump from them it ought to be
usable.

Joe