Re: listing triggers

From: Erwin Moller <since_humans_read_this_I_am_spammed_too_much(at)spamyourself(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: listing triggers
Date: 2004-08-08 09:05:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> futhermore:
>> \dt lists tables
>> \ds lists sequences
>> \d tablename lists that table.
>>
>> etc. etc.
>>
>> But how can I get a listing of all used triggers on a certain table?
>
> \d <tablename>
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response, but this is what I get:

column, Type, and Modifiers
+
Indexes and foreign key contraints.
No triggers.

The triggers are responsible for checking FK-contraints in other tables,
that use the table I want to list as refering key.

This is what the help says:

\d [NAME] describe table, index, sequence, or view
\d{t|i|s|v|S} [PATTERN] (add "+" for more detail)
list tables/indexes/sequences/views/system tables

No triggers....

So, I am still in the dark.

Regards,
Erwin Moller