Re: pg calls not working from within Apache

From: Andres Ferrando <anferr(at)mecon(dot)gov(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg calls not working from within Apache
Date: 2004-08-04 12:41:37
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi,
PHP is loaded as Apache's module or CGI? Remember that this module is
not the same that the script interpreter. You can compare the phpinfo()
output from both. You have postgresql client libraries in this machine?

bp1974(at)comcast(dot)net escribió:

>Hi,
>  I am trying to get a PostGresql <-->PHP<-->Apache working and am running to the well documented problem of :
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /var/www/html/dbview.php on line 14
>
>I have checked and double checked that php is compiled in with pgsql. List of compiled in modules looks like:
>[PHP Modules]
>SPL
>SQLite
>SimpleXML
>calendar
>ctype
>dba
>dom
>ftp
>gettext
>iconv
>libxml
>openssl
>pcre
>pgsql <---
>posix
>session
>soap
>standard
>tokenizer
>xml
>zlib
>
>Apache and PHP seem to work, as evidenced by running the basic phpinfo() script. I also checked wheter pg calls work  when running from the script interpreter, i.e. running a php script.
>However, I am not able to get the same script running from within a browser.
>Can anyone point out what little bit of the puzzle I might be missing?
>I have pgsql 7.4.3 PHP 4.3.2 and Apache 2.0.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>thanks,
>Balaji

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Andrés Ferrando <anferr(at)mecon(dot)gov(dot)ar>
Centro de Desarrollo de Sistemas
Secretaria de Industria, Comercio y PyME