Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Massimo Fidanza" <max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem
Date: 2006-09-18 20:42:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Massimo Fidanza" <max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it> writes:
> Hi, I discover a very annoying bug in the create user command. I have the
> environment variable LANG=it_IT.UTF-8 and when I try to crate a new user wit
> the create user command, at he prompt I have the three questions
> Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n)
> Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n)
> Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n)

The reason those aren't getting translated is that the Italian
translations have not been updated for 8.1 --- the entries in it.po
still look like the 8.0 wording:

#: createuser.c:170
msgid "Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) "
msgstr "Il nuovo utente pu creare database? (s/n)"

#: createuser.c:181
msgid "Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) "
msgstr "Il nuovo utente pu creare altri utenti? (s/n)"

If this annoys you, please join the PG translation project and help to
fix it:
http://pgtranslation.projects.postgresql.org/