Re: check point segments leakage ?

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: check point segments leakage ?
Date: 2004-07-20 23:08:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Perhaps you have an open transaction that isn't closing and thus the
> pg_xlog continues to grow?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I was thinking about it but unfortunately there is no transaction open.

On my development database, were I simulate the same operation that I
did in production I have the same situation: 34 files and same
configuration, right now there are 5 connection and no one of them have
a transaction opened:

template1=# select * from pg_locks ;
relation | database | transaction | pid | mode | granted
16759 | 1 | | 15910 | AccessShareLock | t
| | 7714652 | 15910 | ExclusiveLock | t

Regards
Gaetano Mendola