grant execute on many functions

From: Jean-Denis Giguere <jdenisgiguere(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: grant execute on many functions
Date: 2004-06-29 21:39:53
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have about 200 functions in a schema and I have to grant execute
privilege on all these functions to a group.

I have found on the web an interesting function for grant access on table.
  http://www.lerctr.org/pgnotes/pgnotes.html
(http://www.lerctr.org/pgnotes/grant-all.html)

But, the problem is more complex for functions because you have to give
the arguments. You can find the list in the pg_proc table but they are
store in a array by oid. So you can resolve the type with the table
pg_type. After, you have to reproduce the correct syntax (with correct
number of orgument, on one execute line...)

Is there a more simple approach to resolve this problem ?

Also if someone has a link to an advanced pl/pgsql documentation, I
would really appreciate it because writing this function bypass my
current knowledge of sql and the postgresql documentation on this topic
don't give very complex examples.

Thank you for your attention,

--
Jean-Denis Giguère
Étudiant en géomatique appliquée à l'environnement