bug in pg_dump ALTER DATABASE

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bug in pg_dump ALTER DATABASE
Date: 2004-06-29 03:58:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As part of my testing, I noticed this bug. My database has a
search_path set in the database vars. It dumps lik ethis:

DROP DATABASE usa;
CREATE DATABASE usa WITH TEMPLATE = template0 OWNER = usadmin ENCODING =
'LATIN1';
ALTER DATABASE usa SET search_path TO 'public, contrib';

Notice the single quotes around the TO bit? That's completely broken.
Those '' must not be there.

Is a fix for this required for only search_path, or is it a more general
problem?

Chris