Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets out of

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets out of
Date: 2004-06-21 16:55:40
Lists: pgsql-general

AFAIK, every database uses some sort of 'large object interface'. Surely
you could still move between DBs even using BLOB fields?

"Sailer, Denis (YBUSA-CDR)" <Denis(dot)Sailer(at)Yellowbook(dot)com> wrote:

<quote
anymore. The web site right now is presenting a list of items from a
search in a reasonable amount of time, but takes 5-10 minutes to
retrieve the detail for each one as they are clicked. Rather frustrating.

This person was getting out of memory conditions inserting rows when the
data in the bytea field was larger than approx. 1400 Kb. This person
had posted a fix to the group that seemed to work for him. The inserts
were coming from a java application using the JDBC driver.

I just tried the latest JDBC driver and the problem still exists. We
have no plans to convert to using the large object interface. This ties
our code to PostgreSQL and would go against our need to keep the code
generic enough to work against many different databases.

Is this issue acknowledged as a bug?

If yes, when is this issue going to be implemented in the code base?

If it is already fixed, what are the steps to implement the changes to
my 7.4.2 installation? Build my own JDBC driver?

</quote