Re: plpgsql - Inserting DEFAULT Value.

From: Vams <vmudrageda(at)charter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql - Inserting DEFAULT Value.
Date: 2004-06-21 16:32:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sunday 20 June 2004 03:37 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Consider passing the appropriate sequence name to the function as a
> trigger parameter.

That was going to be a last resort. So there is no way to access the DEFAULT
value that a column would get if no value or a DEFAULT was sent in an insert?
How about removing a column value so that the default action would be
performed. Like someone would "INSERT ... VALUES (1234, ...);" and I would
remove the 1234 or something similar so that the INSERT would activate the
default constraint for the column?

Thx,
Vams

PS. I tried to post much sooner (like a week ago), but for some reason I was
unable to. I emailed the admins and whoever dropped the restriction, thank
you very much.