search and replace

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Postgres SQL List <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: search and replace
Date: 2004-06-09 17:30:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a field in one of my tables that has a path to a file listed. I
need to move those files and now have to update all those paths. Is
there a simply search and replace type option in sql? or do I need to do
an update using the entire new path name?
If so, I think the easier solution will be to dump the table, use a
macro to update it and then restore.
Jodi
--

//Jodi L Kanter