Re: Bringing PostgreSQL torwards the standard regarding

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bringing PostgreSQL torwards the standard regarding
Date: 2004-05-13 22:57:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck wrote:

> This is the reason why the setting has to be at least per database and
> cannot be changed after DB creation.

I think there's overwhelming consensus that db creation time is the
latest you can specify the canonical name setting for it. There's
probably a good case to be made for it to be when you initdb, so that it
is set as expected for shared tables.

(Is anyone actually doing anything on this?)

cheers

andrew