Re: TODO question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: TODO question
Date: 2002-03-09 15:26:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org> writes:
>> Another problem: no copy/equal/outfuncs support for the added node type.

> Is it also interesting in the case of the DEFAULT-pair being droped?

Yes, mainly on general principles: for example, debug dumps of raw parse
trees will fail if there's not outfuncs support for your node type.

We've been lax on this in the past but I think it's important to try to
keep those support routines complete.

> Sorry, but I don't think I should provide this patch.

Sorry to hear that. It needs to be done, and you are not that far away
from having it done.