Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

From: Carlos Ojea Castro <carlosojea(at)leveltelecom(dot)es>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3
Date: 2004-02-16 08:00:50
Lists: pgsql-general

>>make 'SQLConnection1' Active to 'True' I get this message:
>>dbExpress Error: Invalid Username/Password
>>
>>Maybe I need another libpq?
>>

>In SQLConnection1.params, do you have
>
> User_name=xxxx
> Password=yyyy
>
>where xxxx is a valid postgres username
>and yyyy is the correct password for that user?
>
>klint.

Yes, there is a valid username and password and I still get the same
error when trying to make SQLConnection component active.
Before I made the change of libpq.so link, the SQLConnection component
was 'Active true' regardless of the values written in 'user_name' and
'password'.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help,
Carlos