Re: friday 13 bug?

From: Manfred Spraul <manfred(at)colorfullife(dot)com>
To: zohn_ming wu <wu_zohn_ming(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: linux-kernel(at)vger(dot)kernel(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: friday 13 bug?
Date: 2004-02-15 11:36:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

zohn_ming wu wrote:

>swap_free: Bad swap file entry 00000004

Do you use ECC memory, is ECC enabled in the BIOS [and does it work -
some vendors lie about ECC support]?

I would bet that it's a soft memory error: 00000000 means not used. One
bit differs, and the kernel complains about the invalid value. I think
the following oops is a side effect of the bad swap entry.
Do you have timestaps in the system log? Is the swap error just before
the BUG in buffer.c?

--
Manfred