Re: Another update on 'portal'

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai(at)wxs(dot)nl>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another update on 'portal'
Date: 2004-02-14 09:08:17
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> people are not machines. Sending email does not per se mean that a
> person will respond the same day, let alone the same week. People have
> lives, both when at work and when at home.
> You don't know their situation so labelling any 'accusations' against
> their not responding never works.

Please re-read my email. There are no accusations, I just pointed out that
polite messages get no response, while impolite draw a lot of responses from the
same *very busy* people.

Your example shows this once again: you didn't comment on the actual code I did,
but were ready to chime in with a lesson in style. Wanna draw some conclusions?..

> On a related side note: what's with the rush anyway? Life's too short
> to spend constantly behind computers all day. ;)

That's precisely the reason I want to get the response as soon as possible,
while I'm still *willing* to spend some time behind computer.