Re: session persistent data for plperl

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: session persistent data for plperl
Date: 2004-02-08 19:52:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As Tom Lane noted, pltcl already allows this. In fact, it appears that
plperl already allows functions to create their own session-persistent
data, but doesn't share data between functions.

I guess there's a philosophical question: should we apply transactional
safety to (transient) data not stored in the database? I can see both
sides of the argument, but have no motivation myself to provide such
transactional safety, at least not now.

cheers

andrew