Re: dump + restore didn't include schemas

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dump + restore didn't include schemas
Date: 2004-01-31 16:23:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 30 Jan 2004 at 23:34, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org> writes:
> > I upgraded two servers today from 7.3.* to 7.4.1. In both cases, the
> > schemas which existed in the original databases were not created in
> > the new database.
> > New issue? Known bug?
>
> New one on me. Look at the log output from when the dump was being
> restored. I suppose there must be an error message from the CREATE
> SCHEMA commands --- what is it?

I found three of these messages in /var/log/messages on the box which
had the problem.

ERROR: permission denied for database pg_freebsddiary.org.schemas

Nothing else. I don't have the output from the restore. I tried
reproducing the problem on another box but schemas were always
correctly created. I can't reproduce the problem situation. Sorry.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/