Re: passing array as argument and returning an array in

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: Jenny Zhang <jenny(at)osdl(dot)org>
Cc: "K(dot) Deepa" <kdeepa(at)midascomm(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: passing array as argument and returning an array in
Date: 2004-01-21 09:04:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Jenny Zhang wrote:

Jenny,

although this is old but i find it worth mentioning tom's
comment on it. I hit your comment on facing similar issue.

The cited example is pretty iffy since it assumes that the valid array
entries are all > 0. In recent PG version you can use the array_upper
and array_lower functions instead:

for i in array_lower(a,1) .. array_upper(a,1) loop
-- do something with a[i]
end loop;

regards, tom lane