A briefing is needed...

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A briefing is needed...
Date: 2004-01-14 17:51:03
Lists: pgsql-www

Greetings!

Well, thanks for finally letting me in, I promise not to spit on the floor.

The reason I'm in here was because I proposed some changes to website
layout:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-01/msg00161.php
and then even made a mock-up of them:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-01/msg00222.php
but was informed by Robert Treat that PostgreSQL website is in such a
sorry state that it cannot be quickly redesigned.

Thus I'm willing to contribute a bit of my time to website development.
I'd like to know some things before I start:

1) Is anyone actively working on website right now? I mean not "is a
member of website team", but actively working?
2) Is there an adequate design available for postgresql.org? Current
thing looks extremely unprofessional, and I'm sure that there are a lot
of people who would be willing to contribute their skills for
postgresql.org...
3) Is the thing in portal dir in pgweb module the "new" postgresql.org?
If yes, what needs to be done to it to make it "live"? Is there some
TODO list? Where is database schema?
4) If the "portal" thing is not quite there yet, should I dedicate some
time to moving the common HTML to common header/footer in the current
www dir?