Search inherited tables

From: Stephan Richter <srichter(at)cbu(dot)edu>
To: PGSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Search inherited tables
Date: 2000-09-09 14:18:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everyone,

I have he following situation:

I have a 'base' table called Problem and 5 other tables that inherit
Problem: MultipleChoiceProblem, TrueFalseProblem, EssayProblem,
NumericProblem and MatchProblem

I want to do the following query:

SELECT * FROM Problem;

But Problem is empty, since I fill only the derived tables. How can I make
this query?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Stephan