FAQ for Alpha and Tru64

From: "Angel R(dot) Rivera" <angel(at)wolf(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FAQ for Alpha and Tru64
Date: 2000-05-10 16:40:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

I have just build 7.0 and it build easily-THANKS GUYS!!!I
I was able to initdb cleanly but when I tried to start the
postmaster I got:

>./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=552,
>permission=700
>This type of error is usually caused by an improper
>shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
>For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
>FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
>web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
>IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=552,
>permission=0
>IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Invalid argument) id=-2
>FATAL 1: AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment

anyone solve this problem?

TIA,
angel

Angel R. Rivera, angel(at)wolf(dot)com
Website: http://www.wolf.com
Lists: http://www.wolf.com/lists/
Our Wolf: http://www.wolf.com/Ookami.jpg
"The Quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment
to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

Vincent T. Lombardi