Re: Java's Unicode Notation

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Java's Unicode Notation
Date: 2001-11-10 10:45:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Hiroshi,

We need this Java Unicode Notation as it is the only one accepted by
Javascript for example. Furthermore, it is ASCII compatible and therefore
an alternative when an existing database has ASCII encoding or PostgreSQL
is not compiled with the right extensions (ex: provider).

At least, I need to be able to convert output to Java Unicode Notation. I
am learning C and will have a try, but not before a few weeks. This is what
I say everyday when I wake up: today, I am going to read PostgreSQL
internals source code.

But, unfortunately, I always have to postpone this step...
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE