Re: [HACKERS] pg_client_encoding

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp> (by way of Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>)
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_client_encoding
Date: 2001-10-12 05:53:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello all,

getdatabaseencoding returns available encodings in 7.2.

Jean-Michel

Copy from Hackers:

> Did you ever commit this new function? I just tried a 'select
> pg_client_encoding()' and it told me that there was no such function.
> This was on sources that I pulled and built two days ago.
>
> I was planning on changing the JDBC code to use this function instead of
> getdatabaseencoding().

Sorry for the delay. I have just added pg_client_encoding() which
returns client side encoding name.

> Also, what names will this new function return (the old character set
> names like getdatabaseencoding still does, or the new names)?

The "old" ones. To make sure, here are the encoding names list
currently supported.

encoding what pg_client_encoding/ alias
getdatabaseencoding
returns