Re: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

From: Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
To: "Duncan Kinder" <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net>, "Michael R(dot) Anderson" <mike(at)ferrar(dot)wvsc(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables
Date: 1999-08-13 17:39:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Have you checked that PostGres is running? You can do so with the
following command:

ps auxw |egrep postmaster\|postgres

If it isn't, log in as the user you installed PostGres under (probably
PostGres) and try to start it. You might find that you've forgotten to run
initdb or that your startup scripts are trying to run PostGres as root.