Urgent, bool-to-int patch possible?

From: Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)venux(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Urgent, bool-to-int patch possible?
Date: 1999-04-14 18:47:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Greetings,

What would be the chances of getting a patch for 6.4.2 to do bool-to-int
conversion? I need to do a query similar to this:

SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY
int(col1 > 3) + int(col2 < 4) + ... other conditions;

(courtesy of Tom Lane)

Would it be that hard to make a patch to do the conversion? I would try it
myself but I have no idea where to start looking, and I need this sooner
than I could probably figure it out.

I'm not making demands or stomping my feet, I love postgres and I
understand that it is free software, but if one of you feels really nice... :)

Thanks,
Matthew