PG_HBA.conf still keeps complaining. I've done all I could imagine.

From: nkunkov(at)optonline(dot)net (Liza)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG_HBA.conf still keeps complaining. I've done all I could imagine.
Date: 2004-05-20 20:04:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've just setup postgreSQL on my Fedora Core1 box. I installed
postgresql from rpm files.
When I try to connect to the postgresql server in pgmanage, or through
an ODBC from other windows machines I get a message:
"missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file"

I set tcpip_socket = true in var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
I added '-i' optin to etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql as follows
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -o '-i '
-p
/usr/bin/postmaster start > /dev/null 2>&1
Here is my pg_hba.conf:

local all trust
host 10.1.9.0 255.255.255.0 trust
host 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

Here is my /etc/hosts file:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.0.1 TESTBOX localhost.localdomain localhost
10.1.9.XX TESTBOX.localdomain TESTBOX

When I go Systems Settings -> Network in the Hosts tab I see
IP Name Alias
10.1.9.XX TESTBOX.localdomain TESTBOX

Where am I going wrong? I've looked at multiple postings and there is
always something about extra characters and such but I'm using vi
editor on a Fedora machine so it should be fine.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
THanks in advance.
N.K.