Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4

From: "Gerwin Philippo" <gerwin(at)vernet(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4
Date: 2003-11-24 11:43:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm testing 7.4, and tried to read a pg_dump file created in 7.2 into a 7.4
database.
I get a lot of error messages when creating views from tables because the
tables are not created yet.
Looking into the dump file, the order in which objects are created looks
funny: first some views, then the tables on which these views are based.
This seems impossible to me, but the odd thing is that with the 7.2 server I
can read this dump into a new database without any problems.
Any ideas?