Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move documentation of all recovery.conf option to a new chapter.

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move documentation of all recovery.conf option to a new chapter.
Date: 2010-02-24 09:59:29
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Looking at it, I think I do agree that this shouldn't be a whole
> chapter by itself.  It's not nearly as high-level a concept as the
> chapters that surround it.  But I do think it's good to list all the
> recovery.conf settings in one central place.  The server config
> chapter looks like the best fit to me on first glance, but I wonder
> what others think?

Umm... how about the following layout (just merge the server config and
the recovery config)? Since the way to specify a parameter is different
from postgresql.conf and recovery.conf, the section "Server Parameters"
would be required in both.

18. Server Configuration
18.1. Server Parameters
18.1.1. Setting Parameters